Wednesday, April 29, 2009

From Charles

I haven't worked out yet, so no fun stories to share about my swim. But, I meant to post this last weekend so figured now was as good of a time as any.

On Friendship
via The Daily Dish | By Andrew Sullivan on 4/23/09

A study:
Last year, researchers studied 34 students at the University of Virginia, taking them to the base of a steep hill and fitting them with a weighted backpack. They were then asked to estimate the steepness of the hill. Some participants stood next to friends during the exercise, while others were alone. The students who stood with friends gave lower estimates of the steepness of the hill. And the longer the friends had known each other, the less steep the hill appeared.


And it's so true. Everything Charles helps me up the Capital Hill hill, it seems easier. And it's not just him, it's every time people are at the races cheering me on, asking how workout went, understanding why I don't go out on a Friday night (hey, it might happen!!). So to all of you, thanks. You all make my hill less steep!

No comments: