Monday, January 10, 2011

Another Weekend Update

Where does the time go?? Well, let me explain...

Thursday night was our tri club happy hour/holiday party and let's just say many people congratulated me on my new VP board position by buying me many MANY beers. Thanks all, but really next time, a hand shake would be just fine. So, it's needless to say I took Friday off.

Saturday it was SNOWING! A quick walk to the store was enough for me to enjoy the white fluffy stuff. I did manage to go for a 5.3 mile (speed) walk, in old shoes, which left a nice blood blister under my bunion. Yes, gross. I was going to take a picture, but even I have my limits to what I will post.

Sunday was of course, 3 hour spin. It was a really good class and for the first time, didn't 100% hate Rob. Don't get me wrong, I was working hard. In fact, the first drip of sweat from my nose fell within 10 minutes of class. I just kept focusing on the caramel french toast and fried chicken I ate on Saturday. That was enough to keep me spinning.

Plus, it was almost like I was doing 2 classes. Janie was doing both Rob's workout, and her coach's workout. At one point, she talked me into doing part of her other workout, which included 30 seconds ALL OUT and 3 minutes and 30 seconds rest. So during Rob's 2-4 minute "recovery", a few times we would go ALL OUT. Or go from a standing hill climb, to sitting flat and fast ALL OUT, back to a standing hill climb. I re-named our corner from the chatty corner to the stupid corner. Because really, I don't know why I agree to these stupid things. But it was good.


And the weekend finished off with an awesome win!

No comments: