Monday, February 7, 2011

Friday, Jan 28 Post

I know I know... but soon (hopefully in the next day or two) you will all know why I haven't blogged in over a week.

Blog about the rest of Thursday Jan 27 and Friday Jan 28.

When I got home from work on Thursday, I had such a sweet present waiting for me from my parents. They know I am trying to focus on my diet so having fruit in the house was perfect and the chocolate strawberries were a wonderful treat. YUM!!

After some fruit, I had the most amazing dinner EVER. I have had some great dinners before, but this one was the best. My personal cook (apparently I can't use chef anymore because he is not a chef, but a cook. He reminded me that "a "chef" is a cook who leads. (something something something). A chef is a leader of cooks. Period.". Anyway, my personal cook took me Palena for dinner for their tasting menu. To.Die.For.
5 courses plus dessert turned into a total of 10 courses - 2 starters, an extra dessert for my birthday (there was no singing, thank goodness), and a finish of a hot chocolate thing to fill in all the cracks. Y.U.M.

Friday was a happy hour turned into dance party night.
It started off as a dual bday celebration thrown by Toby, as AJ and I have the same birthday. Considering we have about 70% of the same friends, it just made sense.
After the HH started to come to an end, leave it to Sandy, Dirk and Mr. Shorty Shorts to keep the party going.
Let's just leave it at: a few more drinks, lots and lots of dancing (which TOTALLY counts as a workout) and a 3 am bed time.

Happy 32 to me! A HUGE thanks to everyone who helped me celebrate. I think it's going to be a pretty good year.

No comments: