Thursday, February 24, 2011

Stupid Fog!!

So, I had an extra workout today. Not swimming, biking, running, or yoga - but due to driving. And my driving.

I slept in for the first time in a long time. It was needed and it felt great. Once I eventually rolled out of bed, I headed to the pool. And I discovered, the best time to swim at Wilson, 11 AM. I had my own lane for half my workout. MY OWN LANE! It was pretty sweet.

This was followed up by some frantic packing for my non-ski vacation at a snow resort. See, I have this irrational fear of chair lifts. I am 100% convinced if I get on another chair lift, I am going to fall off and die. It actually makes my hands sweat just thinking about it... But, I decided to go on the ski trip anyway and just not ski.

Moving on, of course it was raining for the drive. And you know what rain does when you are in the mountains.... it's foggy. Really, really foggy. Foggy to the point of NOT BEING ABLE TO SEE THE ROAD!!! And that meant some major heart rate spikes. Poor Mr. Shorty Shorts - he was a really good passenger. And I was super happy to have someone in the car with me.

Eventually, we made it to the house, then Julie arrived too, and we all celebrated with a glass (or a few bottles) of wine. YAY VACATION!

1 comment:

J said...

You should try cross country skiing - no ski lifts required! ;)