Monday, June 8, 2009

Saturday's Post

I knew it would be a weekend of early mornings, but I thought I would have some time to post. Not so much. So, here we go with the recap.

5:15 am. BOOO!!! It was a very early morning. I hopped into Marcus and headed off to Dunkin for coffee/donuts for the volunteers at the DC Training tri. After a few wrong turns and heading down the wrong way on some one way streets (due to the road closures for the Race for the Cure) I made it to Hains Point.

Overall, a very successful training tri. We learned some stuff to do better for next time, but overall, I think it went pretty well and people had a good time. I also hope it was fun for Diane to watch and learn as she preps for her first tri coming up in August. Unfortunately for her in between cheering for ME, she had to deal with me yelling at her as my bike finish time helper.

The day ended with some Nat's vs. Mets baseball and delicious stadium food. I mean, I volunteered at the training tri, which is just like doing a tri, so I felt justified. Also, because I don't know how to read a map of the ballpark when I was buying the tickets, Arin and I were directly in the sun for the first 3 innings. But, I had a great time and it was nice to see the Nat's actually play like a real professional baseball team.

Good times.

No comments: