Sunday, June 14, 2009

That Didn't Go As Planned...

Yup, not as planned...

So this is my first DNF. Not what I wanted, but I am grasping at straws to find some positive things that came out of this situation. Tomorrow I will try and post what happened - however right now I am just writing down my thoughts.

1. I didn't quit. I always say there are 2 options. I finish or I get pulled off the course. Today, I got pulled off the course after 3 hours and 22 minutes of trying to swim across the bay.

2. Sometimes it's not just mind over matter. If that was true, I would have finished.

3. My brother kicks a$$. He had am amazing swim and I am so happy for him. He needed it and I would have rather had it be we both finished, but I am SSSOOO glad he kicked so much Bay Swim Butt!

4. My family is incredible. Everything they have done for me - I can not express in words.

5. So are my friends. They are there awesome. They are there to give me a hugs, cupcakes, words I need to hear to put things in perspective, and just listen.

6. I didn't want the shirt anyway. This year's logo was ugly. Yes, someone said I could still get the finisher stuff - but no. I didn't finish and I don't want the finisher stuff.

7. Cardio wise, I was fine. Swimming wise/muscle/speed - not so much. 3600 yds doesn't cut it for a 4.4 mile swim.

8. Doing an Ironman 9 months ago does not mean you are still in shape.

9. Number 1 is very important. It means more to me than anything.

So this is what I can come up with. Most of my readers know I post a picture with all my posts - but today I just couldn't. It didn't seem right. Hopefully tomorrow.

P.S. Congrats to all the Eagleman 70.3 finishers!!!

No comments: