Saturday, September 19, 2009

I'm Back

Again.

Seriously, these trips are getting hard. They throw off my schedule. It's hard to eat right. And this one wasn't me teaching a class, it was meetings. So I had breakfast meetings, lunch meetings, drinks after the meetings meetings, and dinner meetings. It was basically non stop from 7 am to 10 pm.

But San Diego was beautiful. Look at the view from my room! 1 morning I didn't have to meet with anyone and managed a slow wag (walk/jog - thank Diane for the new word). It was nice to get outside for a bit and enjoy the California air - even if it was for only 45 minutes.

By Friday afternoon my boss felt sorry for me and gave me the afternoon off. I had a few hours before a dinner meeting, so I hopped a boat to Coronado Island. After some pizza and a cupcake, I rented a bike to go see the island. I did send a mental note to Blain and Carlos that I would have much rather had them along to enjoy the ride. As comfortable as this cruiser was supposed to be, I am not a fan. It was odd to sit up straight - and kind of hurt my triceps. Also, it's much harder to start/stop now without clips... who knew...
But it was nice to be out, relax, and enjoy being in California.

Overall, I was there Sunday to Saturday and had about 4 hours to my self when I wasn't sleeping. But those 4 hours were wonderful.

And as many of you know, I work in Economics. My meeting wasn't about the global economy, however someone sent me this picture and I had to post. It's funny because it's true.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the weather people too.