Friday, September 25, 2009

It Getting Hot In Here...

Augusta is HOT! Actually, as soon as I left Virginia (i.e. made it to North Carolina) I just watched the temperature gauge on Marcus go up and up and up. But, after a nice uneventful drive, I made it to Augusta.

Went to the race meeting and about 2/3's of the people had 140.6, 70.3, this race, that race, shirts. I don't know why, but it bothers me. There is no need to show your feathers!!

Anyway, I made I found Tony and Nicole and it was good to catch up with them. Saw Karen, was branded with a orange bracelet, 70.3 stamp, grabbed our packets and went to dinner with her and her mother and sister. Had a tasty dinner of baked spaghetti and a side salad and headed back to the hotel. Karen and her mom/sister are staying in my hotel room tonight - and as a thank you, they made me agoodie bag!!! HOW SWEET!!! Delicious snacks, the good hair ties, noise makers (and NOT a cow bell) and sweet smelling body wash. Remember the goodie bags my mom made for IM Moo?? LOVE IT!

Oh, and I am number 1252!! Karen is 1377 - which in a strange twist was her same number at Eagleman. A sign she will kick some butt!

No comments: