Sunday, January 11, 2009

Stupid Public Transportation

NOTE - This should have been written yesterday. Not much happened Thursday and Friday.

Metro sucks. Sometimes, even most of the time, it's great. I get to work on time, home at a decent hour, don't have to sit in traffic (with a car or bus) about 95% of the time. However, when it's bad, it's really REALLY bad. And Friday was HORRIBLE!! I knew there was a delay, I just didn't think it would be as bad as it was.

After work, my metro stop was about 10 people deep. I got on a train, but was kicked out at Farragut North, about 2 miles south of my apartment. They announced what bus to take, so I start walking, looking for the bus, and never found it. So I walked home. Normally, this wouldn't be too big of a deal, however I was wearing heeled boots. Not good, not good at all.

When I got up on Saturday to go for my 4 mile run, the ball of my right foot was so swollen - not good. One step to the ground and I knew there was no way I could run. Boo!! I blame METRO (not the boots).

I therefore spent the morning sleeping and the afternoon at the bar watching basketball - all in very comfy shoes

No comments: