Sunday, January 25, 2009

CrossFit Take 2

Well, yesterday I thought it would be a good idea to kick my self in the a$$ by trying Cross-fit again. I went to a different one than the one I tried last time.

I have to say, overall, I liked this one way better - go Crossfit Alexandria!! Maybe it had to do with the fact I had a better idea of what I was getting into. Maybe it was the smaller group that was in the class. It definitely was the more one-on-one help I had. All 3 coaches helped me at one point. And all said my hip flexors are really tight (a common comment by many people...).

When I walked in, I had to sign a waver and on the third page it said in all caps, "AND MAY EVEN BE KILLED" or "DIE". I don't remember which, but the point is the same. That always freaks me out. But the trainers explained how to scale everything down for each participant, insisted that the movements were done correctly (instead of quickly), in general stuff that made me feel much more comfortable.

Now the workout, H.A.R.D.
Burpees - suck. Especially because of the hip flexor tightness and I have a really hard time doing push-ups. My shoulder crunching is a bit more right now.
Box jumps - Not good, but when doing them as a step ups; still hard, but a good butt buster.
Kettlebell Thrusters - This felt good and not too bad. Until I woke up this morning.

I started to feel it last night, but this morning. D.A.N.G! All over body pain. But in the good way. Now I just need to head out on a run. Ouch.

No comments: