Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Much Better

Yesterday I was in a funk. I don't know why, but I was very whinny. I had a personal training session with my trainer - who is leaving Friday, and had a kick butt workout. However when I was done - I just couldn't snap out of it. Jess and I headed to Costco, which helped.

And today I woke up feeling better. Which was good because it was another swim day. And I don't know if it was my serene ending swim on Monday, but tonight's swim was much MUCH better overall. Not in time, but the way it felt.

The "A" group has expanded to 3 lanes (instead of 2). It's always tough when people think because you write workouts, collect money, are on the tri club board, run training sessions - you will be 'good' or 'fast'. I'm not, and okay with that fact. I say this because out of the 11 people doing the 3300 yrd workout, and I was the slowest, people questioned if I was doing the 'right' workout. Maybe it's just me being sensitive (not a long shot), I don't know. I remember playing high school soccer and I was a captain, but wasn't a starter, and didn't even play in some of the games. Sometimes it's just a bit tough when people question your role based on your ability of the sport.

Anyway, I felt the need to prove that I belonged doing the A workout, even if it wasn't as fast as everyone else. Maybe that's why it was better - like most people, I strive at competition. But I felt stronger, had a better stroke, just more comfortable in the water. A good feeling.

No comments: