Wednesday, August 3, 2011

What Happens When You Skip A Workout

I shouldn't say skip, I should say move around.

Anyway, I got up at 5:30 to get in my brick. The weatherman said it would be raining within an hour. So, since I was ridiculously tired, I went back to sleep for 2 more hours figuring I could make up the brick tomorrow morning and do some other workout stuff today, and get into work early.

Good plan.

Which of course went wrong.

I got up at 7:30 and it was dry out. No sign of rain. Oops.

As I was walking out the door, I couldn't find my smart trip card. Not good. It's a huge hassle to report it lost and go through the process of having my transit benefits flipped to a new card. Basically, I am going to have to cover my own commuting costs for the next 2 months (something I have never had to pay for...)

I bought a fare card, only to have it not work and the metro employee lecture me on how to use it. When he tried, his tone shifted and realized I wasn't lying when I said that I just bought the card. I am no longer getting to work early.

I got to work, heated up my breakfast (I am trying to be good and not buy all my meals, and I like the egg muffins!) and as I was walking back into the suite, I dropped my container and egg muffin went everywhere. Including my left pant leg.

All this before 9 am.

I should have bricked this morning.

Wednesdays.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I slept in too, skipping my make up swim from yesterday that I skipped to sleep in as well (although sleeping in is 6:30). Unlike you, I am not so much motivated, but really, really, tired.

Can you e-mail me as I have some really dumb questions about the race that I cannot find answers for? (Since you did it before--transition bags and the like). Use my real e-mail address jzuehls@wi.rr.com.

Good job training -- I still hate your countdown timer.

Stephanie