Sunday, March 8, 2009

PT Time

Friday's Post

I had a really tough time finding a physical therapist for my foot. I called in a favor to a girl I know on the Tri club and she was nice enough to squeeze me in on her lunch break. My foot really wasn't hurting much, but then again, I haven't run more than 4 miles.

So I get there, we chat, she looks at the inserts, and starts poking around. I learned that I have very bendie joints (her words) in my feet, my balance is better on my left leg, my right leg is stronger, my hips are not flexible (which I knew) but stronger than she expected. We went through stretches and holy buckets!! In the good way, but still, it HURT! She followed up with the ultrasounds thing and massage. Again, DANG! Now this is a friend so I didn't want to seem like a wimp, but did it hurt. I finished up with some electrodes and ice. When it as all said and done, I hoped off the table and almost fell over. Oh man did it hurt.

As I walked back to the office, I started to wonder, is running the Cherry Blossom 10 miler worth it? I am not trained the way I should be, have no idea how it would feel during and after. Could I do more damage? Then I wonder if I am just quitting. For me, there is a fine line between listening to my body and quitting.

I don't quit things, I just don't. But is not doing the 10 miler smart or quitting??

No comments: