Wednesday, March 4, 2009

So Sweet...

After bailing on yesterday's swim, the day just didn't go well. Missed metro trains, not getting back on a train after letting others off, getting kicked in the back of the leg... All wouldn't have happened had I just gone to the pool. Oh well.

The rest of the day, I was kind of on edge - just jittery, irritable, and everyone and everything bothered me. I went to the gym at lunch, sat next to Jess on the bike, but it didn't help. I knew going to the pool after work, with the annoying-ness that would be swimmers who don't know how to circle swim, would just make things worse. Soooo, ME provided me with a distraction known as vodka. I know this can't keep happening because...

There is something I haven't shared yet on the blog. I think part of it is because if I write it, it's true... which can be kind of scary. So, I mentioned I was elected to the DC Tri club board back in December. Well, they decided to do a new training program, a half Iron distance training program. I couldn't resist so decided to do a half. Also, the head of the program approached me to be one of the co-coordinators, because of my positive energy. So sweet!! I said yes, and tonight was the first meeting/happy hour. 2 people I have not met before came up to me and said they heard my Ironman talk and that I was inspiring. ME! It's really flattering.

It's things like this that remind me how lucky I am. I only got through the Ironman because of my family and friends, and the support the provided me. I really hope I can do the same for others and help them accomplish their goals.

No comments: