Sunday, March 1, 2009

Ahhh... Sleep

This weekend was good, and full of SLEEP!!! And not a lot of working out...

Saturday was morning some volunteering. Just floated around with Rahpy, a non verbal 7 year old. We did some kicking, some reaching and pulling for things, but basically floated around on the noodle. His biggest accomplishment, he blew bubbles with his nose. When I told his mom, she hugged me. That is the furthest he has put his head under water.

The rest of the day was running errands and not working out.

Sunday, the weather man said rain, ice, snow, wind, cold, everything but decent running weather. So, I postponed my group run (again) and figured I could go out later. Nope. I slept, slept, and slept. And you know what, it felt GREAT!! See, it's March. That means my first race is next month. My first tri is in May. My swim in in June. All of this means very little weekend sleeping in time. Now I am not complaining, I make those choices. However, I realize my chances of sleeping in are running out, so I took full advantage. Soooooo worth it.

No comments: