Friday, February 27, 2009

Spring Is In The Air

Or at least it was this morning. It was so beautiful out this morning, even with the really high humidity. It seems weird to notice humidity in February, however I (a.k.a. my hair) definitely noticed the extra moisture in the air.

And when it's super nice out, that means a run, right? Yes! But I had to get out early as rain/ice was on it's way around 1. So I headed out into the wind, no iPod, no Charles (he did is run in the morning), no Jess (another case of a bad foot) - just me. And it was great. Well, maybe not great, just nice. It was a decent 40 minute run, a tad further than I went 1 or 2 weeks ago, I needed fewer walk breaks, and only had to stop at 1 stop light. The wind seemed to be a cross wind or at my back the majority of the time. The sun came out at the end and was on my back in that really nice, warming way. I really can't complain.

Not much else has been going on this week. Wednesday was another good weights and abs class. Thursday was a good yoga class - and I didn't get dizzy this time! YAY, progress! I have been getting a lot of cramps in my calves, inner quads, and feet - not sure what's up with that.

Unfortunately, all this outdoors-ie-ness won't last. They are talking about ice/snow/wintry mix on Sunday/Monday and the temp will drop back down to the 20's and 30's.

But today, this morning, it was nice and I know spring is right around the corner.

No comments: