Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Ummm... Cortisone Shot

Okay, so I guess I didn't express how much my foot really hurt after Saturday's run. It hurt, bad. And with yesterday being President's Day, I had the day off. Did I rest, no!! Adam and I were tourists in DC! So, even though 4-5 hours of walking The Mall and Museums was a lot of fun (except for the stupid real tourists), my foot was killing me by the end of the afternoon.

Luckily, today was my follow up appointment with my foot doctor to see how the inserts were doing. I thought I would have good news - and would have up to this past Saturday. I explained how I broke them in, slowly increased mileage (weekend runs of 4, 5, 6.5, 8 respectively) with 1-2 week day runs of 2-3.5 miles each, I should have been fine. But when he pushed on the bone spur, I almost kicked him in the face, again. So, he gave me another cortisone shot and prescribed PT. 2 times a week for the next 4 weeks. He said I could keep running, just scale back the mileage a bit, and I have plenty of time before the Cherry blossom 10 miler.

So, after all of that, I decided to talk today off. Plus, I have a Tri Club board meeting tonight and 2+ hours of talking about triathlon and triathlon related topics can be as exhausting as a 30 minute workout :-)

No comments: