Sunday, February 8, 2009

I Like Volunteering

I meant to write this yesterday, but I was very busy sitting on the couch watching Season 2 disk 2 of The Tudors.

Last year, I was really good at setting up and organizing group runs. This year, not so much - but I am trying to change that. Usually the runs were on Saturdays, however things keep coming up. Yesterday I was back at KEEN and was totally worth putting off the run until Sunday (today). My first two experiences were really great and I was excited to get back. Yesterday was no different.

I was with 2 new kids and it was great. My first one started off by saying "I hate girls". But by the end of the hour, she told me all about her 2 boyfriends, prom dates, and wanting an engagement ring for Valentines day - as well as swimming around, doing flips and handstands. The second athlete was non verbal and wiped away the first few drops of water that hit him. Again, buy the end he was happy kicking along in an inter tube as we played catch with a beach ball. Watching them progress, in just 45 minutes, is so great.

I spent the rest of the day shopping with Jess. Totally cardio.

No comments: