Monday, February 9, 2009

Yesterday

Yesterday was one of those days that reminds me why I love living in DC. Slept in a tad and got up to go for a run. I knew to keep my eyes out for Sean and Adam, but started before them because they are way faster. It was perfect (long) shorts, t-shirt with a long sleeve, weather. About 10 minutes in Adam met up with me and 2 minutes later, Sean was there (he went the wrong way but found us). Adam and Sean took off and I went back in my own lovely world.

I tried something different with this run. The first half was a 9:1, keeping my heart rate down. I felt slow, sluggish and was not having a good time. On the way back I decided to forgo watching my heart rate and ran how the song made me feel, walked right before the end of the song until my heart rate dropped to a certain level, than ran again. It felt good, really good. And my pace was a lot faster.

Don't get me wrong, I am still slow. Really slow. So slow I am very worried about the 14 minutes time cut off at the 10 mile "race" I have coming up in April. But, I am working on it - that's all I can do.

But the best part was walking back from brunch. The water on the Potomac was so shinny, so beautiful and sparkly. Just a beautiful day. And the fact I called Mom and Dad after to brag that it was 67 degrees (and 30 in G-dale).

No comments: