Sunday, February 22, 2009

Weekend Update

I don't know what happened to the weekend. 3 days would always be nice.

I took Friday off from working out. I just needed the rest. And it was restaurant week and had reservations at Equinox - very tasty. Which basically means I should have worked out... Anyhoo...

Saturday started with pain - lots of pain, and all in the good way. I went to another indoor spin class which was lead by a guy I know. Here's the thing when you take a class and know the instructor. He comes up to your face and yells things like "FASTER! I WANT YOUR CADENCE AT 80, NOT 77. GO HARDER". It's good times. My legs are still feeling it...

And what bike did I take to this one... I took BLAIN!! Blain is back! Okay, he never went away, just needed a lot of rest after the 112 miles back in September. I was looking at my wireless bike computer and it still had my stats from Sept 7. 112.13 miles, Avg speed 14.7, Max speed 39.1 (I can't believe I went that fast...). I cleared it out, it was bittersweet. Time to move on, but so proud of what I accomplished.

After a painful hour and a half, I headed to a meeting. Once that was over, I called my bro Arin to see what he was up to. He was on his way for a swim at the Y, so I tagged along. It started out great (even though Arin is faster than I am...) and about 1800M in, CRAMP!! Not a tiny little crap, HUGE CRAMP in my right foot.
Oh. My. Goodness.
I struggled through another 200M, but I was done. Stupid cramp.

We celebrated our swim with lunch and my favorite cupcake.

No comments: