Monday, August 23, 2010

I Like Vacation

Today is the first day I felt like I was on vacation. No alarm (except that my alarm did go off 6:30, oops), nothing to do, just time to relax. But of course we were all still up by 7:30. The good and bad part of the day is that it was raining.

The house made another fabulous breakfast and after cleaning up, the biggest debate was on what to do on the rainy day. After much sitting around, we decided on an outlet mall. There would be walking around, shopping, but staying dry. Unfortunately, the outlet mall was pretty disappointing, not much to be had. We made it back to the house and it 'cleared up' just enough where I thought I could get in a swim. After all, I was in a house with about 12 people who just did a half Ironman, and I was eating like I had done one as well. A workout was definitely needed! Because the weather was a bit iffy and some people in the house were concerned, I decided to go around the island - but still had no idea when I would be back. We determined if I wasn't back in an hour, time to worry.

I have to say, I had a great time. It was so fun to see the houses, the beautifully surroundings, and at one point there were seagulls (or some type of bird) sitting in the middle of the water. Obviously on rocks, but it looked really awesome.

As I rounded the last turn, I saw the bridge to our island. When I went to sight it again, I saw a figure on the bridge. It waved and me, I waved back, so I figured it was someone I knew who was making sure I was okay. As I got closer, sure enough, it was Bryan. We had a nice little chat, and I made it back to the dock. After I showered, we realized it was about 1.4 miles. I took my time, but overall, it was a decent swim time - 52 minutes-ish.

The rest of the evening was filled with burgers, chicken, wine, beer, drinking go fish, Spice Girls, and M-dot chocolate chip cookies - I put my new present to good use. As I mentioned on our last group house, I earn my keep not by cooking, but by cleaning and making cookies. This trip was no different, just different shaped cookies.

No comments: